Mark inside creamer

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:24:54 -0600

>     I have an English Ivy Teapot, creamer, and  sugar. The creamer has a
>"J" on the bottom of the inside of the  creamer. It was obviously molded
>into the creamer when it was made. Has anyone  seen anything like this on
>any other McCoy? We have never seen this before.  Thanks for any
>reponse...Leslie

Hello everyone who has seen this:  <Re: Mark inside Creamer>

The letter found inside the items is a technique used by various employees
at the
McCoy Pottery to identify the item counts.....the old piece work routine.  Each
employee marked their pieces with different letters and that way they were paid
according to productivity.....Cheers!  Terry