New McCoy

LIEBLINGHS@aol.com LIEBLINGHS@aol.com
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:08:56 EST

Hi -  You state that you have seen "New McCoy Spirit of 76 series".

How do you know it is new?  I saw a set of 4 canisters this weekend, perfect
condition and they only wanted $60.00.   All were in mint condition and none
of the bottoms had McCoy markings except for one - the second smallest.
They were marked properly with the Washington, DC statement and author
unknown.

I did not buy them because I felt something was wrong.  The price seemed too
low and it was an antique shop, not a flea market or yard sale.

Is there a way to tell when the Spirit of 76 items are new or old?

And in this same light -  I am still looking for a lid for the Spirit of 76
Cookie Jar.  Keep looking and if you see one - up to $l0 or $l2 - just let me
know or better yet, purchase it and I will reimburse you immediately.  Must be
in mint condition, however.

Thanks for your help.    Ruth Ann Freer, Phila., PA