McCoy Matte Glaze Lamps

Bob Vogel rfv2020@avalon.net
Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:49:42 -0600

Elizabeth,
 Thanks for the response. I'm sure I'm working on a very difficult
project, but you never know. I'd sure like to see yours! That older
color combination is fast becoming my very favorite. We have about eight
or ten in the old green and brown prominently displayed in a set of
stacking lawyers book cases. They look really nice.    Best, Bob

ELIZABETH VAUGHN wrote:

> Bob,
> We have one of the lamps an it is not in any of the books I have.
> However, it is the only piece of the brown and green collection we kept.
> My husband found it for me at an antique show.  (I'd walked right by it,
> which must have been a first for me.)  Anyway, I'm sorry to say that we
> are not ready to part with it.  It sits on our piano and we bought a
> shade and use it.  Do hope you can find one, although I haven't seen
> very many.
> Elizabeth
>
>                                                   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: McCoy Matte Glaze Lamps
> Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 12:46:33 -0600
> From: Bob Vogel <rfv2020@avalon.net>
> To: McCoyPottery Online Talk <McCoyPottery-Talk@secure.mia.net>
>
> Does anybody have (and want to part with) or ever see any of the matte
> glaze lamps as shown in "Hanson, Nissen,Hanson Ref. Guide", pg. 23 top
> left (I like that one) or pg. 210?
> I'd really like to see if I could run one or more down to suprise my
> lovely wife with for Chistmas this year.
> Am I crazy to think I'm going to get this job done? Even a blind
> squirrel finds an acorn once in a while...Thanks, Bob

--WebTV-Mail-746756960-578--