Mt. Clemens Pottery

cathy morbitzer cmorbitzer@hotmail.com
Sat, 03 Oct 1998 07:38:37 PDT

thanks so much about the info on the sale of McCoy to Mt Clemens. I have
some pieces that I liked that looked similar to McCoy and I bought them
just because I liked them. They are marked MCP. I also collect
Roseville. ANd have many pieces of Nelson McMcoy. Again, thanks for the
info.
Cathy in Ft Worth , Tx
>From mccoypottery-talk@secure.mia.net Fri Oct  2 11:56:37 1998
>From: SlplsinMi@aol.com
>Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:55:48 EDT
>To: McCoyPottery-Talk@secure.mia.net
>Subject: Re: Mt. Clemens Pottery
>
>Hi Wendy,
>I'm from Grosse Pointe, Michigan. We were talking about the annual
pottery
>festival in Roseville/Zanesville Ohio and how outrageous it's become as
far as
>prices. My grandmother lives in Roseville so I've had several occasions
>visit during the festival. Don't go with the idea that you'll buy much.
>Anyway, someone brought up the idea that we would should start our own
Midwest
>festival up this way. Anyone who wants to start organizing it, let me
know.
>About the Mt. Clemens Pottery Company. McCoy sold the company to Mt.
Clemens
>in 1967 but Nelson McCoy remained President. The "mark" on some of the
pieces
>during this time was "MCP" but I believe it was added to the McCoy
logo,
>thought I think I have seen "MCP" alone. The Mt. Clemens Pottery
Company is