Seen this McCoy?

List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Sat, 24 Oct 98 17:11:38 -0500

Meri Buzinski said on 10/24/98 1:43 PM

>Hello!
>I'm in Wonder Lake, IL., just a hop, skip and a jump from you!
>I would like to know if anyone knows anything about a 1993 commemorative
>Indian Head Cookie jar, says McCoy on the bottom?
>Bye...Meri:)

More than likely what you have seen is a repro.  If you can, note the
size.  Most repros will be slightly, or even noticeably smaller than the
real McCoy (pun intended)

We have seen several at flea markets and they are usually being sold as
the real thing.  Watch out so you do not get burned.  We have been
thinking about putting some of the more popular repros on the web site,
however upon trying to take pictures of some at a local flea market we
were stopped by the seller, who was quite upset as we had stood by a
collection of Cauliflower Mammys and Indian Heads warning passer by of
their real value.  Be careful.

Regards,

The List Mom

                   Linking McCoy Lovers World Wide
   McCoy Pottery Online T-Shirts available for only $15.95 + shipping
        Visit the new Cookie Jar Store:  www.cookiejarstore.com

--WebTV-Mail-1472630392-1641--