Black Chef Fake

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:08:04 -0500

>Mdlman111@aol.com said:
>
>>Well I beg to differ, there are lots of reputable dealers on eBay, yes there
>>are a few crooks, but that happens anywhere, I was at an Antique Mall last
>>week ,and they had reproductions up the waazoo..
>>
>>any  way the seller should mention it is a repro.
>> BUT sometimes if you like an item and the real thing is 500.00 and the
>>repro
>>is 50.00 what's the difference if you like the item, and don't care about
>>collector value..
>>
>I'm gonna have to agree with jo here Terry(dad) as you know I have had
>great luck with eBay.. Of course those are StarWars Characters that I
>buy, but we did buy that 32Port Switch through eBay and it was a deal,
>and the real McCoy I might ad.. I suppose you can have bad experiences in
>anything, anywhere and at any time.  eBay is just the newest way.
>

>Regards,
>
>The List Mom

 understand that everyone thinks that I was harsh on ebay.   I receive on
average
 100's of emails every week outside of this list and an increasing number
are asking about
the  cookie jars on ebay and I find many are repros.  Once again McCoy
collectors
should take caution on ebay,,,,star wars is a different deal.  Now as far
as those
who are dealers on ebay on  this list....If there is a concern about what I
say then you should
clear the air on McCoy and  police others on ebay.  Cheers!  Terry