floraline

walte79@ibm.net walte79@ibm.net
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:12:29 -0400

Definitely don't throw it away.  I was at an auction recently and saw a McCoy
dog dish with a rather large crack go for $48.  I was tempted to bid but decided
not to once the price passed $10 partly because I an new to the Wonderful World
of McCoy and partly because my instinct said NO!  After conferening with some
knowledgable collectors, turns out I was right.  I was not worth the money.  My
question now is how much is the dealer (I am sure it was a dealer who bought)
going to stick some unknowing collector (like myself) for.    Just look at it
this way, you got a piece that you like and you are keeping some shady dealer
from taking advantage of some pure soul like me who would probably pay $48 for
the pick and blue striped bowl.

By the way, where are these auction at.  The ones I go to seem to be full of
people who know what they are looking for.

Annie-w