wall pocket

Lee Peedin lpeedin@mindspring.com
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:49:39 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,
At Sat.'s auction I purchased a McCoy wall
pocket.  It can be seen in "The Collector's
Encyclopedia of McCoy", by Huxford on page
175 row 2 - the one on the right.

If you look at this picture, you'll see that
there is a hole for hanging the wall pocket.
The one I purchased does NOT have a hole.  I
thought at first that maybe just the glazing
filled it in, but there doesn't seem to be
any indention at all on either side.

Does anybody have any idea why a wall pocket
would not have a hole to hang it by?  Could
it be that some came with a 'bracket' for
hanging?

I reviewed the wall pockets on ebay today
and found several for sell like this one.
All the pictures showed hanging holes!!

Considering its age, this piece is in
excellent condition.  There are small glaze
chips about the size of a pin head on 3 of
the leaf tips - other than that and a small
bit of crazing, it is perfect.

Thanks for any help

Lee in NC