Cookie Jar

rld@ctcis.net rld@ctcis.net
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:36:14 -0800

Rich/Liz Brenner wrote:

> I purchased a small white cookie jar marked 'Brush McCoy' this weekend.
> This is my first cookie jar. I have an assorted collection of other McCoy.
>
> This jar is a dog with a red ribbon around its head (like a toothache).
> Does anyone know the name of it and possible value?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Liz

Hello: Unfortunately, and especially so since this is your first cookie
jar, you have bought a reproduction.  No genuine cookie jars are marked
"Brush McCoy". The mark "Brush McCoy" is, or has been, used by Roger
Jensen of Rockwood, Tennessee to reproduce a wide variety of older jars.
The design you described was known as "Muggsy" and was originally
produced by Shawnee Pottery and later by Terrace Ceramics. The original
jar by Shawnee sells for $300 and up depending on the trim. The
reproduction commonly sells $20 to $25.

Robert,
RLD@CTCIS.net
The Cookie Jar Collectors Express E-Mail Newsletter
Subscribe Free: cookiejarexpress-subscribe@listbot.com