new to mccoy

TheUPSmom@aol.com TheUPSmom@aol.com
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:39:17 EST

I've been collecting for almost 20 years and have 500 pieces.  My bible for
McCoy pottery has always been "THE COLLECTORS ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MCCOY POTTERY"
By Sharon and Bob Huxford.  It doesn't have everything but it updates its
prices every couple years.  I think I have about 4-5 books, same book, but
just trying to keep up with the new prices.  I just recently came across a
book that threw a whole new picture on McCoys.  This one is by Margaret
Hanson, Craig Nissen, and Bob Hanson.  It's titled McCoy Pottery Collectors
Reference & Value Guide.  I see you are from Michigan.  20 years ago I went
around lake Michigan for a vacation and happened into a antique shop.  I found
a vase that said McCoy on it.  The owner then shared the first book, I told
you about with me.  Since then it has become quite a hobby.  Have fun with it.
We sure have.