Question

List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Tue, 30 Mar 99 16:02:17 -0600

Jim44067@aol.com said:

>In a message dated 3/30/99 1:34:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>listmom@mccoypottery.com writes:
>
><< remove me from list
> >
> NO
>
> Regards,
>  >>

>As a "Mom", one would think your behavior would be more appropriate!
>And.....don't worry about taking me off the list.  I will GLADLY remove
>myself.

Well, number 1, I am not a "Mom", in fact, I'm not even a woman. I am the
list administrator.(otherwise known as a "List Mom")  I keep the peace, I
maintain the list, and I have the final say. It's a dirty job and
sometimes you have to be tough.  I define "appropriate behavior" as
thinking for ones self.  I am not trying to be harsh, but mailing lists
and the Internet in general are not brand new anymore.  99.9% of mailing
lists work the same way. If you are confused, simply send a email to
requests@listname.com and place the word "help" in the body of the
message.  This will send back a complete list of instructions.  Also to
unsubscribe you simply send a message to requests@listname.com with the
words "unsubscribe listname" in the body of the message.

This is not new.  This is standard stuff here.  Every other list works
about the same.  You can even view instructions/etiquette on this list at
http://mccoypottery.com/mailinglists/index.html

Also, when you sign up for this list you get a set of instructions
emailed directly to you on how to subscribe/unsubscribe ask for help,
etc...

Again as I expressed a few days ago there are around 600 people on this
list and the majority seem quite capable of thinking for themselves.
Again, I understand if you have a difficulty, it's ok.. But please email
me directly: listmom@mccoypottery.com and not the list.  It is rude to
email a mailing list directly and ask to be "removed." Not only is it
rude, but it displays a complete lack of self reliance and an inability
to reason, think, read, and follow directions.  Save yourself the shame.
Email the list mom, not the list when you want to be unsubscribed or are
too lazy to figure out how to do it for yourself.

Regards,

The List Mom

                   Linking McCoy Lovers World Wide
   McCoy Pottery Online T-Shirts available for only $15.95 + shipping
        Visit the new Cookie Jar Store:  www.cookiejarstore.com