Smiley Face w/ Lancaster Colony Mark

Bfslink@aol.com Bfslink@aol.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 08:54:39 EDT

Hi All,
Hope I'm on the right track here...I have a Smiley Face Cookie Jar that is
marked 235, McCoy, LCC and USA.  I was going to sell it but someone told me
that Lancaster just made canisters...and that there is no Smiley 235. I sure
don't want to be selling a "fake."  This Smiley looks like other jars I have
seen that are simply marked McCoy, USA.  Can one of you McCoy experts tell me
if this is a "repro" where someone just got carried away with the McCoy
marks?  And don't worry--if Smiley's not the real deal, I'll never tell him
he has a questionable past....Thanks so much for any help you can lend...
Regards to All,
Kate