mammy cauliflower

JoyceJars@aol.com JoyceJars@aol.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:39:29 EDT

You ask a good question.  What is the difference between reproductions and
the "real" McCoy Cauliflower CJ?  I have researched several books about this.
 Normally a reproduction is smaller. Wonderful World of Cookie Jars show it
to be 11 3/4 inches high.  So does the The Complete CJ book by Schneider.
However Collectors Encyclopedia of CJ Book II shows repro side by side with
original Mammy-The original is shown as smaller than the repro.  It says
"note elongated base and loss of detail on the left cookie jar."  The left CJ
is the repro.  All the CJ books I have shows the mark to be McCoy USA on the
original.

I can only assume there are several reproductions out there.  I have a Mammy
that is almost 11 inches high.  I would not sell it as the original.  I think
the original is 11 3/4 inches high. But I am certainly not an expert.

Maybe someone can ask Nelson and Billie McCoy.  I am sure they have an
original.

May each of you only buy originals.

JoyceJars