[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy lost !?!?!

Sherri Napier sl_napier@yahoo.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 07:21:55 -0700 (PDT)

I recently seen an ad in the newspaper about a woman
who wanted to sell her entire Brown Drip McCoy
collection (193 pieces)for $1000.  I called to see if
she would sell any of the pieces separately because I
already have over 300 and was only interested in odd
pieces that I didn't have or need extras. But, she
didn't want to see that way.  Later I was at an area
antique mall and the sales lady said that they were in
the process of purchasing a set from a lady (180
pieces). She took a list of stuff I was interested in
and said she would call me and give me the prices and
hold it for me if I wanted it. This was on Sunday and
they were going to pick up the stuff either Tuesday or
Wednesday.  Tuesday night the antique mall burned!!!!
Totally destroying it.  I have been unable to contact
the owners to see if they had picked up the McCoy or
not.  I hope not! a lot of very valuable stuff was
destroyed but getting that close to that amount of
McCoy and it be destroyed like that, it makes me want
to scream.  I guess I should have purchased it all and
then resold everything I didn't want but that amount
of money and the time it would take is really more
than I wanted to handle right now.