Help!! New to selling McCoy and new to area.

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:13:53 -0600

>Can anyone give any advice on how to sell a couple of pieces from my
>collection?  I've never sold (just bought, bought, bought!) and I'm not
>sure how to get "book value" for a couple of my harder-to-find pieces.
>I've tried auctions on Yahoo and E-bay and find that the bids never
>quite reach the "reserve price" of book value.  Also, I'm new to
>Northern Colorado and not at all familiar with any McCoy dealers that
>might be interested.  Does anyone know of any shops around Fort Collins,
>Colorado (I would also be willing to travel to Southeastern Wyoming)
>that purchase McCoy pieces?  Thanks so much!

Hello everyone:  It appears that both buying and selling McCoy items amoung
the serious collectors can be problematic through certain facilities.  Age old
problem.....but can be done.  Biggest problem is the jumbled variety of items
and different items that one collects.  One person collects only jars, another
only pink and blue....etc.....and of course the price you want to get or
give for
any item can present problems in coming together....i.e....willing seller and
willing buyer. If I want $1800.00 for a Cauliflower Mammy, and the only
offer I got was $800.00, I have a choice to make...sell or not to sell.  I
can have
book value or higher, if someone is willing to pay that.

I would like some feed back from buyer and seller in the serious collector
area to determine what you feel is your idea of what a McCoy  seller and
buyer site should have....hence the site www.mccoypottery.com will setup
a facility in the site to do exactly that and hopefully provide a place to buy
and sell.

Granted the classified section is not easy to use. We at mccoypottery.com are
interested in providing a facility for you.  Not that we feel other
facilities are
not appropriate, except that places like ebay are disorganized with far too
many
items that are not catagorized and many items that are not McCoy and hard to
find just the type of McCoy you are interested in selling or buying.

This is something that will be a free service...so we do not want to put
the work into the
new facility if it is not going to be used.

Let me here from you.   Cheers!  Terry <mccoy@mccoypottery.com>

McCoy Pottery On LIne
<www.mccoypottery.com>
Bella Mia, Inc.