McCoy ?

Dao663@aol.com Dao663@aol.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:28:56 EST

Hi. I'm new to the list.  I hope y'all don't mind if I pick your brains but I
have a couple of questions. I have a piece that I think may be McCoy or is it
possible that it's a copy? It's a jardiniere (plant stand and pot) The stand
is approx. 19" and the pot is 9".  The marking on the bottom is NM USA(??-is
that a McCoy marking?). It's only on the pot not on the stand. I have had
this set for at least 15 years. I bought it at a garage sale for under $20.
Oh, and it's that pastel green color, basketweave. The thing is, I may want
to sell it. I've had it in a box since my son became mobile  about  7 years
ago. He overturned a beautiful Victorian torchiere lamp when he was learning
to walk at 8 mos:o I put the jardiniere in a box the next day. I would rather
see it go to a good home that languish away in the box.  What would the value
be? Should I take it to an appraiser? I did look it up in the black Huxford
book (it's very similar to the one on the cover-only basketweave) and if it's
what I think it is, it could be worth $450-$500. Is that currently accurate?
My last question is, what would be the best place to sell it?

TIA!!
donna