[Mccoypottery-talk] hello

Bob Vogel rfv2020@avalon.net
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 11:30:44 -0600

Jeanne,
I meant to get back to you on this thing. I would think that due to the
fact that you probably won't be churning your own butter (or especially
if you did), you should be able to have someone make you a
"handle/paddle" for it. Any decent carpenter should be able to put one
together for you. You'll need a picture or something for him (/her) to
go by, perhaps one of the McCoy books has a picture of what it looked
like. Once it's made you can stain it or age it or leave it alone as you
see fit. An original would most likely have had NO finish on it as you
would not want any type of chemicals, etc. in your butter.
Being made of wood and considering the way in which it was used, I'd be
very  surprised if one would find an original. You never know though,
I'm sure there's one out there somewhere. The fun lies in the hunt, as
we all know! Hope this helps.
Best, Bob