[Mccoypottery-talk] Wow...thanks...

jane_blonde@webtv.net jane_blonde@webtv.net
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:25:50 -0400 (EDT)

I didn't think i'd get many responses right away, but thank-you to
everyone who posted!

Until i get a book, or subscribe to the newsletter mentioned, i am going
strictly on what appeals to my eye.......i certainly won't be buying
anything very expensive till i learn more.

I find i'm drawn to the vases and jardiniere's in light colored matte
glazes, altho i've seen a cobalt blue vase i thought was very nice too.
I'm trying to stick to 2-3 colors. I was thinking if i could find the
one style of pottery--say a leaves and berries motif on a vase-- but in
2 or 3 different colors, they would look nice displayed on a shelf next
to one another. I like the simpler styles, nothing elaborate or w/ more
than one color glaze on a piece.

Cookie jars are cute---i like the fruit shaped ones.......i've seen
Barbara's (barbwire) pottery website and she had three fruit-motif
cookie jars sitting together and they looked great. What an incredible
collection she has! Anyway, my kitchen is way too small to put a
collection of anything in.....guess i'll stick w/ vases and small
jardiniers for now ;)

I like Stengl too! His "thistle" pieces are cute. I also like John
Edwards dinnerware. I don't own any of these pieces yet, but i still
keep admiring them ;) I'm a first time homeowner, i'm trying to take
things slow ;)

This is much longer than i wanted it to be...sorry to ramble on. Thanks
again for the replies!