[Mccoypottery-talk] unknown pieces at least to me

Antiqueja@aol.com Antiqueja@aol.com
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:27:14 EDT

Hi all,
Not much going on with the chat?
I just got back from Adamstown, PA. Very good day! I bought a Duck with egg
planter for $15 with good cold paint and an unusual vase. I recognized the
shape as McCoy, a matte white approximately 6" hourglass shaped vase with
handles. Fairly common, but this one had a hand painted floral design. Looks
like the design was old not recent. Very pretty and $3! The NM mark was very
faint but there. I don't know if this was a McCoy factory "lunchtime item" or
(more likely) added when purchased. Has anyone come across any cold painted
vases?
I saw a similar design on a vase in the NEW Snyder McCoy 2nd Edition Revised
& Updated book.(just arrived at the bookseller's stall). This book has not
been mentioned in the McCoy newsletter so I thought I would pass the info
along.
Spring Garage Sale and Flea Market season is here!
Jackie