[Mccoypottery-talk] No good to lurk

Antiqueja@aol.com Antiqueja@aol.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 23:20:33 EST

Hi,
I believe the Flemington Pottery Show happens twice a year. Each time, a
specific pottery company is featured. I live about an hour away and went to a
few. The first one featured McCoy and Steve and Martha Sanford were there as
well as Harvey Duke who wrote: The Official Price Guide to Pottery and
Porcelain, eighth edition. This is a great book to have. It has a little
about many American companies such as Hull, Roseville, Weller, Abington,
McCoy, etc.
Back to the show! It is held at a church in Flemington, NJ (a historic glass
outlet area with many new factory outlet stores. A quaint town. Good for a
visit.)
I like to go and look, see many items I haven't seen in person. The prices
are mostly high but if you are looking for something special it will probably
be there at book value or higher. Like I said before, they feature one
company so the selected company will have the most booths but there is also a
variety of many other companies. I think the next show is in the spring. When
I find out the date, I will let everyone know.
Jackie