[Mccoypottery-talk] Books...

Ann Clark aclark@ultravision.net
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:14:45 -0500

Thank you so much for posting this list.  I am just a "lurker" on this list=
, as I have just recently become interested in Mccoy pottery....(As if...  =
I needed to start collecting anything else!!)  My daughter-in-law's maiden =
name was McCoy...(no relation!!)....and she just mentioned to me that her M=
other had collected a few things.....soooo....I have enjoyed having somethi=
ng else to look for in "out of the way" antique shops, flea markets, and ga=
rage sales...
I do enjoy reading your messages and realize I have a LOT to learn!  Ann in=
 Texas
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: sheldon brown=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 9:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Books...

  Here is the list of repo's:
  Mccoy:
  cauliflower mammy, chairman of the board, clown bust, calmatians in rocki=
ng chair davy crockett, gleep green& yellow, hobby horse Indian head, lepre=
chaun red & green & multicolor mammy white& decorated green (aqua blue teep=
ee. I know in one of my book it stated that Mccoy did not do a red hiding h=
ood but in 1993, because Mccoy did not register his trade mark in Aug 31, 1=
992  the trade mark was giving to a man called Jensen. I found this info in=
 my "Collector's encyclopedia of Cookie jars book II. page 244. In 1993 Jen=
sen did a red riding hood cookie jar. marked Mccoy 93. value 90- 110. I hav=
e other list of brush mccoy  repo's. But that will come later. Hope this ha=
s helped everyone. The best thing to do is to get on the Mccoy chat line. W=
hen a lot of good Mccoy collectors get together, watch out. It's a lot of g=
ood info passing. A small group of us Mccoy people has been on at 7:30 est.=
 All are welcome to join in. You can find us by typing in "chat.mccoypotter=
y.com"
  hope some new faces will show-up. Thanks for your time, Sheldon
    ----- Original Message -----=20