[Mccoypottery-talk] Intro and Question

Rick Saaf rsaaf@bright.net
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:01:45 -0500

Patricia,
McCoy produced a "Black Panther Planter" in 1950 that was indeed marked
McCoy. My McCoy book also lists a black panther planter also from 1950
that was not marked. The later was also made in yellow and green.
However, my book is not clear that these were indeed made by McCoy.
There is a difference between the molds on both marked and unmarked
panther. The bases and tails are distinctly different. The one marked
McCoy is the more valuable of the two. So if your question is, did McCoy
make an unmarked Panther Planter? That I cannot answer, maybe a more
seasoned expert on McCoy would care to fill us in.
Regards,
Rick

PMccaf2499@aol.com wrote:

> I would like to know if the black panther vase is a McCoy piece. I
> bought one recently and it does not have any marks on it.
>

>                                              Thank You,
>
>                                               Patricia

--WebTV-Mail-22470-1642--