[Mccoypottery-talk] Biagi-Yard Sales

sheldon brown brown99@qis.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:46:02 -0400

The red riding was made later by Mccoy Marked Mccoy 93. Ann and everyone el=
se, Mccoy did not register his trademark, so in 1992 Roger Jensen did. He d=
id this legally. And now owns the Mccoy Mark. If you like to read about thi=
s it's in the book, COLLECTOR"S ENCYCLOPEDIA OF COOKIE JARS,    page 244.(T=
his is the big red book. It list for 90.00 to 110.00. The 93, means the yea=
r it was made. The book is worth the money. By the way, I just got back fro=
m renningers Pa. I found alot of great deals in Mccoy pottery. I have now s=
tarted collecting flower pot and planters. I found some that were not used.=
 22.00 for large. Not a scratch on them. Well got to go. Hope this helped s=
ome one out there. Sheldon
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: McQuita@aol.com=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 9:36 AM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Biagi-Yard Sales

  Ann and everyone else. McCoy didn't make a red riding hood so if you see =
it and it's marked McCoy, run away from it....unless you choose to confront=
 the seller about selling fakes.  Brush did make the cow with kitten on it'=
s back but it's not McCoy...it's Brush.  I don't know if the reproducers ha=
ve done it and marked it McCoy or not....Beware...Hanson/Nissen/Hanson, vol=
. 2...is a wonderful and up-to-date book that includes McCoy cookie jars.  =
Would make a good guide for you to study....If it's not there, chances it i=
s NOT a mccoy cookie jar.  Chiquita=20