[Mccoypottery-talk] RE: My McCoy piece - Addition

Kris kris@webcntrl.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:09:57 -0500

Hi all,

Did a little more searching on my planter...didn't find my piece, but did
find the which line it is from.  It's a McCoy Grecian Planter.  Also, there
are no cracks or chips in this planter but there is crazing?  I'm not sure
what that is, but there are spidery-like cracks on the inside of planter and
on the bottom where the McCoy mark is.  These cracks start about 1/2 way
down on the inside, there are none visible on the outside.  Hope this helps
some in determining value.

Thanks again,

Kris

-----Original Message-----
From: mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com
[mailto:mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com]On Behalf Of Kris
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 6:33 PM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] My McCoy piece

I have a McCoy planter but cannot find how old it is or it's value.  It has
McCoy USA 449 and a 14K stamp on the bottom of the planter.  It is cream
colored with a dark green area near the top that is raised to look like
garlands surrounding planter.  The gold is marbled over the entire surface.
It stands about 8 inches high.  The pedestal has a square base and stem, the
pot itself is round.  Does any one know anything about this planter, if it's
authentic, age and value?  I've looked at numerous site's on the web, but
I've never found any thing close to my planter.  Thanks!

Kris