[Mccoypottery-talk] ordering books

Patti & Greg (Jim) sync-hronicity jplev1@comcast.net
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:05:25 -0100

I was browsing on half.com  and  they do  have  some good deals  on  books as well Lots
of McCoy books . I also recommend     If you don't have one  a Brush-McCoy   book.  There
is so much  you don't see  in the  other McCoy  guides .   I have  had  kewl looking  a
vase/jardinier  for   a  year or so that   I Bought in a  thrift shop   the lady knew
i    bought neat pottery and  she showed it tome    it wasn't out because it had
another   planter jammed into it and it was stuck    tight <grin> A challenge to me
that I couldn't resist  I    did get it  out   only causing  one glaze flake    on the
big vase rim  by carefully    breaking it tapping it  lightly until  it cracked.. ( the
stuck planter)    so it would finally  be in  pieces.   I  couldn't  ID  it  for resale
so I just  put it on a shelf with my own collection , and then Last Night  To my
surprise   while   checking My Brush-McCoy   book  I  happened across this  vase ! I had
though  I   pretty much  knew what was what  but  I guess we  sometimes forget   a few
things here and there  when    we don't   look   at the books for a long time.. Most of
this stuff  was unmarked   so  You really  have to   compare closely with   some of the
stuff made by Shawnee that looks very much like  it.  I also   saw   they did make a Red
riding Hood cookie jar  that  Very different   from the  one   Hull  made. My book is a
few years old and     the value on this  jar   was high   then    so depending on area
and market   this jar   May have an even higher  value today.  I have never  seen an
authentic  one of these for sale anywhere   so I  guess it may  be  called Scarce? More
info then you    needed to  know I guess   LOL..  but  I  am in a  sharing   chatty
mood today   having made a few   nice buys  this weekend including   a kewl  floraline
piece   (   usually I pass on   this stuff but this one     I liked)  diamond shaped
low   centerpiece  bow   worth  candle holders and   a flower frog plastic but   it shows
the bowls use and finally    getting  my mystery    vase   Identified. Hope everyone has
a good week . Patti