[Mccoypottery-talk] Wall Pocket Stress <g>

Blaine Ritchie ritchies@gte.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:48:05 -0700

Greetings..

I have been into McCoy for some time, just not as heavily as most people.

I mostly collect the fruit wall pockets (Darn those Brown leaf fruit
pockets - I have only been able to find one).

I collect any fruit pocket, from any manufacturer.

The problem I run into with new people, and I am sure you see it all the
time in any of the pottery you deal with, is that anything marked with a USA
is "RARE MCCOY!"

I struggle with this constantly on eBay with the sellers, because they want
the most for their item, but they leave the buyer thinking they now have
McCoy, and the misinformation spreads.

<sigh>

Anyway, I would like to put up a page showing what I consider to be the only
known McCoy fruit wall pockets, but in reality, I have no proof that McCoy
did not make any other style of fruit wall pockets.

Is there someplace I can go, or someone who has old catalogs that could help
make this page definative?  I have all the books, but as one seller told me,
"Just because it is not in there does not mean it is not McCoy". How could I
argue with that?

If you want to see part of my collection (Some of the  McCoy can be seen in
the last picture), just click on this link:

http://www.shetlandsheepdogs.org/wallpockets/homecollect.html

Thanks for your time : )

-Carla