[Mccoypottery-talk] Mr. Peanut

Capriherb Jennifer@webs-best.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 14:34:41 -0500

I have a Mr. Peanut Cookie Jar, but I thought it was a fake.  Yesterday at
the Springfield Antique Mall I saw one and it appeared to be exactly like
mine except it had a price tag of $175.00 on it.  Aren't these all fakes or
is there really a McCoy Mr. Peanut?  I paid $45.00 for mine at an auction
but at the time figured it was a fake, but still liked it enough to shell
out $45.00.
BTW, there was a Mammy in great shape for $575.00 there.  And I had gotten a
crystal vase at an auction a couple of years ago because I just loved it
(very large and heavy) and found one exactly like it that said it was from
the late 1800's and a price tag of $375.00 on it (I paid $35.00!!!!).
If anyone ever goes through the area around Springfield, it is the only
retail place I ever go (have to drive 70 miles to get there too!) to buy.
We go several times a year and I always find something I just have to have!
Both of the malls are really nice places to go!

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore, Ohio