[Mccoypottery-talk] Re:Violin Wall pocket and Mr. Peanut Cookie Jar

Betty F. Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 15:17:41 -0600

I am sorry that I hit the delete button so I can't use anyones name but I
have checked in my
books and I have found the Violin wallpocket.  It is on page127 of HNH Vol
II it is shown in a
"unusual color" white with gold trim.  It is from the mid 50's and don't I
wish I had the one mom had on her wall in the mid 50's, its value is given
as $150-200!!
It says it should be 10 1/4" tall.  It also says it should be marked McCoy.
There have been many wallpockets copied, are you sure yours don't have a
mark on it?  I hope you do have.

There is a peanut McCoy cookie jar.  You have to use your imagination to
even try to imagine what made them call this a peanut.  No resemblance to a
Planters Mr Peanut.  Don't even look like a peanut, it is a yellow jar that
says Cookies on it' but the index of all McCoy cookie jars in Vol.II HNH it
is called a peanut and you can see it on page 281.  I wasn't impressed and I
didn't even write down the value but I believe it was $40-50.

Hope that helps some.    Betty the Okie in Iowa.   (I have no McCoy to
sell.)