[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy's

Capriherb Jennifer@webs-best.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 06:15:01 -0500

I have spent the last week managing our outbound operation at the
distributor for Harry & David's.  The seasonal people they hire there range
from college kids, mom getting some extra Christmas money and retired folks.
The gent that was working one of my lines yesterday was obviously retired,
so I asked my normal question.  "What do you do in real life?"  He said he
was retired from working in a pottery.  Okay so this really got me excited
and when he told me McCoy, I got to listen to someone who had worked there
for 20 years before retirement and just a few years before it closed.
He talked about how the pottery was made and everything he did (he poured
molds).  Really interesting conversation during the hustle and bustle of one
of the busiest distribution centers in the US!

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore, Ohio