[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Repros

Mark/Kelly Clark mark3@tcac.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:40:00 -0600

Barb:

Okay, I confess... one Shawnee Smiley Pig my husband inherited when his
grandmother died...  It is a prized possession among many.  I've always been
deathly afraid of  repro cookie jars, but think I can tell a real McCoy (no
pun intended) when it comes to the planters/vases.

While we are talking about jars, I saw one several years ago that actually
gave me that "gotta have" feeling and took my breath away.  I didn't buy it
because I didn't know anything about it but still wish I had.  I was
wondering if you might know anything about it, who made it, value, etc.  I
believe it was called "Auntie May's Delimma" (or maybe "Fanny" May's
Delimma).  It was a black mammy in a mint green dress with kerchief on her
head.  She was standing behind an old manual "Maytag" washing machine.  She
had a perplexed look on her face as one of her breasts was obviously caught
in the manual ringer of the washing machine.   Any info would be
appreciated.

I'll have to find the book and try the cookies.  My family's favorite is SO
simple and I make them every time we need to bring a snack/dessert.
Everyone thinks they are SO homemade...   Ha-ha!  I buy the pre-made and
divided sugar cookie dough in the yellow package (I think it is Nestlé's -
NOT Pillsbury).  After baking the cookies (sometimes I cut the squares in
half to double the amount), I mix ready made-vanilla cake frosting with
orange flavored extract and red/yellow food coloring.  It makes a pastel
orange colored icing and the cookies taste just like the ice cream
"dreamcicles" with the orange on the outside and the vanilla ice cream in
the middle.

Enjoy!  Let me know if you know anything about the cookie jar...

Kelly