[Mccoypottery-talk] Identification marks

Betty F. Nelson bettyfnelson@home.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:26:49 -0600

You have gotten several answers I know but I am still going to put in my 2 cents worth.
In the HNH Vol. II page 282 there is a "Timmy Tortoise " cookie jar in brown, says it is
from "77 and gives the value at $35-45.  It also shows one in green and it says "Non
Production colors with the McCoy mark $300.00+  I hope he found a treasure.
You or someone ask about the "best" books.  We each have our own opinion of course. I own
Huxford's McCoy Pottery with the updated prices.  I also own Vol. 1-2-3- of the HNH which
is the Margaret Hanson, Craig Nissen, & Bob Hanson
McCoy reference book.  All 4 books have nice photography, good binding, and about the
same price.  For myself I use every book in the house before I pick up a HNH book because
of the way they sat their pictures up.  I am sure that a couple dozen collectors that
knew them personally enjoy seeing the animals and kids poked in jardinieres and
planters.  It just angers me to spend about $90 with the shipping included to get the
books and end up with their personal pictures.  I could care less about their dogs. They
are a beautiful set of books.  I also have "Cookie Jar Book" vol. 2 by Ermigene
Westerfall (Close at least, don't have the book right here.)  At times you can find these
books on Half.com or Ewanted.  If you have a planned parenthood book sale every year they
show up there also.    Betty in Iowa