[Mccoypottery-talk] Alert-McCoy Fake

Nina Berlin nberlin@swfla.rr.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:52:39 -0400

I recently bought an item on ebay that was listed as a McCoy Ladies
Victorian Shoe Boot Planter Vase.  I wondered why I couldn't find it in any
book.  I have since learned through The McCoy Pottery Collectors Connection,
that the vase is a fake.  It was never produced by the Nelson McCoy Co.
When I questioned the seller, her response was "it is a McCoy product - from
the one in Tennessee- there were two companies.  I continue to see these for
sale on ebay, but always through a (private) auction.  Therefore the bidders
can't be alerted to this.  She is selling large ones and small ones.  The
seller name is ( fayes southern memories).  I hope this information may help
someone else, before they make the same mistake.
Nina