[Mccoypottery-talk] Cook Stove Cookie Jar - Salesman's

Mary av8er@rapidnet.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 01:55:53 -0700

I hope someone can help me with this . . .

I found what I believe is a Salesman's sample of the McCoy Cook Stove
cookie jar in black.  It was tucked in back on the bottom shelf, very
dusty, had been there for awhile, and I got it for next to nothing.   I
found a pic in the Nichol's
book, but my book is damaged and page 96, the one with the info, has
been torn out (I bought the book used).  I sat the
salesman's sample next to my full sized Cook Stove cookie jar and it
looks to be proportionate.  The one I think is a
salesman's sample is 7" tall and 6-3/4" wide.  It looks exactly like the

one on page 97, except some of the red paint on the flowers
on the bottom edge is worn.  Is this the right size for a salesman's
sample?  I haven't been able to find a current value on sites, auctions
. .  Can anyone give me an idea of its current value?  Here is a pic . .

Sorry about the poor lighting, it's getting late . . .

http://www.rapidnet.com/~av8r/cookstove-jars.jpg