[Mccoypottery-talk] Ohio Pottery

Kathy Casey kathyc01@pobox.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:00:05 -0500

Hi Barb,

On this one, the elf is "molded", therefore I'm figuring that the jar is
probably Haeger. Please, I don't want you "climbing ladders"...I appreciate
your help greatly.

Thanks, Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com
[mailto:mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com]On Behalf Of
BarbCrews
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 1:44 PM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: RE: [Mccoypottery-talk] Ohio Pottery

At least three different companies made the Keebler tree jar.
Haeger, McCoy and Frankoma.

The McCoy and Frankoma the elf is a decal, the Haeger jar the elf is
"molded". I am trying to remember if the Frankoma jar is marked or not,
but will have to climb a ladder to find out.. ~vbg~.
The Frankoma jar was made fairly recently -- four or five years ago??
bc

At 01:22 PM 11/24/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I enjoy reading the McCoy messages very much. I have a question...I just
>bought a Keebler Elf Cookie Jar that has no markings whatsoever; it has
>the white flowers on each side and the Keebler sign. I've looked in the
>two McCoy books I have, but this jar isn't in them. I've checked on eBay
>and seen several unmarked jars such as mine. But, I'm wondering...how can
>I tell if my jar is "the real McCOY" or not?  Thanks for your help.
>
>Kathy
Capriherb
>Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 12:56 PM
>To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
>Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] Ohio Pottery
>
>If many of you are like me, I not only love McCoy, but Hull, Rosewood,
>Rookwood, and all the other pottery of Ohio.  I've searched all over the
>'net for an email list for all these collectors and have been
>unsuccessful.  Although I know next to nothing compared with so many of
>you, I have started an email list for the collectors of Ohio Pottery.
>I have sent an invitation to this list (I hope the moderator didn't mind)
>but if you don't get it, to join go to
><http://www.groups.yahoo.com>http://www.groups.yahoo.com and sign
>in.  Then search for OhioPotteryLovers.
>Or just go
>to:
oup/OhioPotteryLovers

>That will bring you to the page to sign up!
>Thanks
>

>Jennifer Smith
>Capriherb Farm
>Baltimore, Ohio