[Mccoypottery-talk] hi

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:23:46 -0200

--Boundary_(ID_xGxzePgefym1WrWqV+RF2Q)

Salt and Pepper shakers are  sometimes a  very  prized collectible
Especially  retro and figural  Japan , Lefton  to  name a few  Some
shakers  can  be  so sought after that the value  is  very High .
When I buy I buy what strikes me  No matter  who the maker is  I feel if
I am out looking  to buy I  don't  find  much but  when I  am just
going for  fun I  find a lot especially when I am cash poor at the time
LOL.
The  best thing is you are having  fun  with the hunting and   the
surprises  .
I started building my  guides  library  after I  found  going to the
library  was a pain and many  guided my late  Father and  Step MOM had
were   too old. I will check out Atlantic book warehouses  and online
to find  them  even  yep on ebay  I  get books for   mostly everything
I  will buy to sell even paper or ephemera.
Check on   places Like half.com  used book searches   If you can get
them cheap  gently used   go for it  even if they may be a year or  two
or three old they still hold the Knowledge  you can  use. I have even
traded  for books  .
Don't be afraid to take   a book with  you shopping  its  done all the
time  some dealers  may frown on it but I feel if they aren't trying
to   make the  prices  too  over book  then they  don't care Many I
have  come across  don't  even have books they rely hearsay  to get
Their  prices.  Patti

Tom Walker wrote:

> i'm not looking forward to the salt and pepper shakers!!!!!!I
  barely have time for all that i am currently working on.I might
  let mysister hold them for me a whilethanks for the info!Tom