[Mccoypottery-talk] Fakes and Crazing

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:40:57 -0400 (EDT)

There are lots of fakes out there.  Our daugher and I went to a Labor
Day flea market. One person had some of the most gosh-awful Roseville
and Lady's Head repros you would ever want to see.
A few years back an antique store we used to go to had a Red Riding Hood
cookie jar marked McCoy.  They had purchased it in good faith, and it
really looked old.  They didn't realize McCoy hadn't made such a jar.
If I hadn't known better, I would have been fooled.  Guess there are
ways to age it--bury it, soak it in coffee-are two things I have heard.
Elizabeth