[Mccoypottery-talk] An idea CHECK HER OUT

VSMITHW@aol.com VSMITHW@aol.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:58:20 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/02 7:46:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
mandaramsey@yahoo.com writes:

> Can anyone tell me step by step how to do it?? I tend to get lost in all
> those menus on ebay! Seems like it takes me forever to get to the right
> forum, procedure, etc!

OK...here's what I suggest, for all of us who want to complain about fraud on
eBay and who are eBay members.  (And if this isn't what you were asking,
please let me know and I'll try to help you figure out how to get where you
need to be.)

Go to both of her sites (fayes_southern_memories and the newer
rock_of_memories).  You can do that by clicking on "Search" and then "By
Seller"...then type in the names.  (You'll be astounded at the items you find
for this seller.)

You can include 10 items in each complaint, so write down the item numbers.
(And depending upon how committed you are to shutting down this fraud, write
them all down...the ones that you absolutely know are not McCoy...and keep
repeating the following actions until you get them all sent in to eBay.)

Go to the "site map".  Under "Services" (middle column) scroll down until you
find "Safe Harbor (Rules and Safety).  Not too far into that
message...perhaps four or five lines down...you'll find a link to "Trust and
Safety Webform".

I'd fill it out as follows:

Click on "Questionable Contents on eBay"
Click on "Potentially Infringing Issues" (including counterfeit & bootlegs)
Click on "Counterfeit Items - Items that may potentially infringe on a
trademark"
Click on Continue
Click on Contact Support

This is where you can list those items from the list of those that "Faye" or
"Rock" have listed that you can clearly and confidently say are counterfeits.
 And then send your message.  Since they only want 10 at a time, you can
continue to do this for all items that are clearly counterfeit.

I'm not an eBay guru or expert...I just found this all by clicking around.
So I'm happy to help if I can, but if anyone thinks I have something wrong
here, please feel free to correct me.

Vicki