[Mccoypottery-talk] An idea CHECK HER OUT

VSMITHW@aol.com VSMITHW@aol.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:04:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/02 6:05:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
jokev@frognet.net writes:

> Don't kill the messenger!

I think we all agree with you here...don't worry about bodily harm.  In cases
where sellers identify new pieces clearly - make a point of saying that this
is not vintage McCoy...they certainly should be able to sell them on eBay.

I'm mostly concerned about those unfamiliar with eBay - not understanding
that a private auction should ring every one of those warning bells.

I'm not sure what happened with "Faye's" new site.  I haven't heard back from
eBay on my complaint yet, but I did send it through their Safe Harbor
site...identified those pieces that I knew to be fakes and very clearly told
them how I felt about this seller being able to make her feedback private and
then opening a new site under the same circumstances.  I don't know what the
purpose is of the "private" option, but I really think that they need to be
more clear in their instructions to eBayer's (new eBay folks especially) that
private auctions are a bad idea...and then they should detail the reasons
why.

Vicki