[Mccoypottery-talk] Fw: So sad!!!

Linda Stiteler lss@coshocton.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:23:12 -0500

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Linda Stiteler=20
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 6:58 AM
Subject: Fw: So sad!!!

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Linda Stiteler=20
To: mccoypottery-talk@listsmccoypottery.com=20
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 6:42 AM
Subject: So sad!!!

I have been a member of this list for some time and first of all am glad to=
 see it is running again.
I am like all of you very concerned about the FAKES out there, but I must a=
sk don't we have ourselves to blame?
I live in the McCoy, Roseville, Hull, Weller area, near Zanesville, Ohio an=
d was a dealer for many years.  Believe me, we have our share of "FAKE MAKE=
RS" right here at home.
Early on I learned to study, study and study some more.  Folks there are so=
 many excellent books out there it is sad to know that so many people are b=
eing taken by these Fakes.
I have over 100 reference books I've collected over the years but my advise=
 to all of you is go to your local book store and purchase one of the many =
Mccoy or Cookie Jar books available and know what you are looking for befor=
e jumping to buy that bargain.
I do not buy from Ebay but went to the site when your letters started comin=
g in.  The first item that I saw was a cookie jar of  a Black Chef by "Mcco=
y"  anyone with any knowledge knows that McCoy DID NOT make a Chef.  It was=
 being sold by southern memories also  The bid was already almost $70.00.
That money would buy at least 2 reference books or more.
Please don't allow these people take advantage of you, have the last laugh =
and know what you are going after.
I know that this is lengthy but hope this gives you all somethingto think a=
bout.
I can be reached at lss@coshocton.com for any help you might need in prucha=
sing some fine reference books.
Another pottery lover,