[Mccoypottery-talk] Fw: So sad!!!

McDougan66@aol.com McDougan66@aol.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:58:24 EDT

Its been very interesting to read all the posts about fakes and ebay sales.
I've had mixed results with ebay sellers and did end up buying one fake and
had no satisfaction in trying to return the item and get my money back.

Unfortunately I've had another type of bad ebay experience and wanted to
share it.  I bought two McCoy items that were both broken when I received
them even though the items were packaged well.  In looking closely at the
items I believe they were both broken before they were wrapped.  I had
purchased insurance so I ended up getting most of my money back but it was
quite a hassle.

The Post Office employee who does insurance claims told me she sees quite a
bit of this.  The seller gets top dollar for a broken piece and most buyers
just think the item was broken in transit.  The Post Office was interested in
knowing the seller's name so they can check to see if there have been
numerous claims rising from that seller's transactions.

Any ebay purchases I will make in the future will be only with sellers that I
have had good experiences with.  I prefer the individual websites of long
time collectors.