[Mccoypottery-talk] Fw: Interesting item on eBay web site item#727190989: Sad Dog Cookie Jar, McCoy?

teddyber@bellsouth.net teddyber@bellsouth.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:38:41 -0400

Can anyone set this seller on the right track?? Can anyone tell what item
seller is talking about??
----- Original Message -----

To: <teddyber@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 7:06 PM
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#727190989: Sad Dog Cookie
Jar, McCoy?

> Mom--check this out...I emailed the seller asking for a picture of
this..and she replied that she did not have the means to send a pic over the
internet...so which dog is this?  do you have any idea?  may be a mccoy..is
it worth a chance to bid 2.00?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=727190989

> Item Description:
> This auction is for a Sad Dog cookie jar.  I was told by a local cookie
jar collector that this is an early McCoy...However I could not find
anything like this on the McCoy web site.  The Dog appears to be "SAD" with
a big frown, blue eyes as well as big chubby cheeks (perhaps a hound dog).
Painted flowers all over it, painted toes, as well as ears.  It also has a
red top hat.  With the hat on it stands about 1 foot tall, and is about 6
inches around.  This cookie jar is very heavy for it's size...and is in MINT
condition...no chips, cracks or missing paint.  High bidder pays shipping,
handling and insurance if needed.  No online payments accepted.