[Mccoypottery-talk] fakes on ebay

Betty F. Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:07:23 -0600

  I am totally disgusted with the crooks that invade every aspect of our li=
ves.  Starting with politicians and going down. If I bought a fake McCoy I =
would be upset.  If I bid on a frog because I collect frogs and thought it =
was cute when I bid I would not be very unhappy if I found it a fake unless=
 I had paid some outrageous amount only because I believed it to be McCoy. =
 I read the little newspaper that some one had referred to several weeks ag=
o about the fraud and thieves on E-bay. Those people that have sent hundred=
s, even a thousand to someone for a computer when they have gotten all the =
specs and think they know what they are buying, pay for it and never have a=
nything shipped at all really are getting hurt.

  E-bay is doing nothing to stop those crooks from registering with a new a=
ddress and new credit card and do it again.  Of course every time there is =
a news article or related news there are more of the public that are afraid=
 to even register to look.  There were several states Attorney Generals tha=
t went together to stop the fraudlent sweepstake offers and get some laws i=
n effect and some refunds to people that had been cheated.  Once the electi=
on is over and they are over the days of putting their well being and their=
 jobs first maybe we could get several States Attorney Generals to work tog=
ether.
  We all know how frustrating it is to buy a phoney cookie jar, panther, or=
 wall pocket.  I doubt that a $60 piece of fake pottery is going to get the=
ir dander up as much as thousands being collected for the computers, golf c=
lubs and so forth.  I didn't mean for this to turn into a book.  However I =
do urge you to get particulars from anyone you know about the fraud and not=
 just McCoy.  Betty the Okie in Iowa.