[Mccoypottery-talk] Fakes!!!

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:50:55 -0100

So
how can they use the McCoy trade mark or name ?

Simple Jenson who is in the same area as fay is  a potter Nelson went to
see him he more or less told  Nelson tough I own the mark!! This guy did
spend time in Jail but went right back to making  this stuff. In 1991
jenson registered that trade mark to won it he started  doing copies of
cookie jars as well as new  items like stuff made from molds he  buys
on ebay  and sells them  to others as new items he was making them in
his garage he  advertises on ebay  in his me page that he owns the New
Mccoy Pottery Company!! I emailed him  under the guise of  asking about
an item he had  up for bid an original signed  item he made  calling it
New Mccoy . I then  showed  the email to nelson .
This guy is in tennesseee  just like faye and the other person
coincidence I  don't think so. he has beeen doing this for years  . I
checked on that mark   yes he did own it  but  as  of 1998 for some
reason he lost ownership  if he  doesn't know this I don't know why.  It
is in the trademark registry as last owner bing Peter Jenson of tenn.
but  its  classified as Dead  no owner. So really anyone can go in and
apply for ownership  and register that mark its up for grabs.
This guy lives in tenn but sell throuh  a couple in florida  using thier
ebay and claiming  he  lives inflorida  I can't  quite remember exactly
the user ID  I know it had  gulftreasues  in it  but gulf tresures
itself is owned by a legitimate person  it may be south  gulf o r nothe
gulf  I am not sure I tried to find him again  but wasn't sucesssful. as
long as he thinks he owns the trademark and ebay believes he does then
they can sell this stuff  noboy says its the  originl comapny .

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING