[Mccoypottery-talk] Fakes!!!

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:45:40 -0100

John I do hope you can  at least  find on item that can be proven  faked
that  you can  get  at least one of these sellers  maybe it  will lead
to where they get them  . Jenson is smart he doesn't  sell any of the
fakes online  he lets others do it  he sells  some of his  originals
with  his signature on  them good  yeah his pottery  is pretty  but he
is slick . If  the paper  trail can lead back to  him it would be
great.  I know  plenty of  the   Nelson Mccoy  wall pockets  etc. are
being faked  but they are not using  the NM mark ( if  we could find any
with this mark on it  made  new  faked we  have  good cause  )   on them
many are incising that  generic mark  or  just leaving  the  mark  that
was on the  piece they copied  but it may come out  unreadable . You can
tell a new item from old  by the glazes nobody  can copy the formulas
for the exact colors  mostly those were  very guarded and  not sold with
the company at lease the special  one production  like glazes  .
 I think Educating collectors now is  a  priority  especially those who
are   new to it and are buying this junk and  thinking they have a real
item.
 I am  working on that I have/ and pay for   a lot of web space  over
about 250 mb I am sure it more then I need to    make a  education site
all about this  anyone who wants to contribute  let me know  horror
stories  anything  . I would love to  have some  testimonials  of people
who  bought  fakes  and were led to believe  they were real.

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING