[Mccoypottery-talk] Oh IF!!!!!

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 00:19:10 -0100

Hey everyone   well I got a surprise road trip today we went  to
adamstown PA and denver PA all the same area  we  checked out
renningers  of course everything was  highly over priced  . Not figuring
on  buying  anyway  we went to one of my favorite  shops called covered
bridge  . As always  my  other half was way ahead of me looking  I saw a
few things to ponder  still not getting  a warm fuzzy to buy . when I
caught up to him  I went into a booth  next to the one he was in  saw
two  1940's  Jardinieres  both  alike  I knew they were mccoy  looked
them over  then  went on to  talk to my  hubby  he  had found  a few
other items  two southern  belle or  bonnet girl planters   excellent
shape  alike  but  different color for the  price  we grabbed them .   I
then took him  back to show him my find  he said    can they do better
on the price  ?? I said go  ask  so he did  now  these  old  Jard's  had
lots of bubble pops and some glaze skips  and  tiny hairlines but   to
me they were  beauties  . they id better  I got the  Jards  as a pair
and they did  20% off the total sale .  I had a  great    ride in the
country and brought home  4  nice pottery pieces as a bonus  of course
the Jards or a least  one will  go up for sale  . I   have limed space
so large items  are not  for keeping  unless I   find a place  it can be
seen LOL. see I was not  hunting but  found  and in the  shop I always
go cause they are   more reasonable then most of the  tourist traps  up
there in Lancaster County.  not looking   is the best way to find  nice
surprises. I will show all pics when I get them done   and uploaded for
the links . I haven't been  out hunting in ages it felt  so great  ..

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING