[Mccoypottery-talk] reference books

LeeAnnBob@aol.com LeeAnnBob@aol.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:48:32 EDT

I have several reference books, but they don't all tell the height of the
piece or what mark is on the bottom.

I'm now wondering about some of my pieces. I measured my chef head and it is
1/4" shorter than the original is supposed to be as opposed to 1/2" shorter.
It does has Mccoy USA mark on the back of the head and has the three-footed
bottom. What other way can I tell if it is a fake?

I also wonder about my Bobby Baker. What is the height suppose to be? Mine is
marked McCoy on bottom and under that is what looks like a C. The mark is
incised versus being raised.

I know my leprechan is fake and I knew it when I bought it - I just liked it
and knew I could never afford the original.

Anyway, even reference books don't always keep you from buying fakes.

LeeAnn