[Mccoypottery-talk] Basket weave design

george Mccaffrey mina@nbnet.nb.ca
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 10:57:59 -0300

Hello and good morning;
    I was wondering if a Pitcher i have is a "McCoy" or not. I don't
have a pic but will describe it for you. . Dark browm basket weave from
base, up 4". Plain on top 2". 2 tone browns (pale Drip??)on top 2".
Marked (inset)on bottom with a "2pt" and "no.84" then there is a very
blurred 3-4 line "stamp" the letters and words I THINK i can make out
are: Looks like, Mc Coy... 2nd.line: potter...... 3rd line: .....ill..
as I said very blurry.
      I would appreciate any info on this. Looking back over some of the
archives, it seems you people know your stuff!
                           Thanks, Alan