[Mccoypottery-talk] U.S.A. mark

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:54:49 -0100

You mean the possibility  by reading  about the marks in all of my
books  the statement  is in the brush Mccoy book that  there are still
undocumented marks . I have seen it on pottery  one or  two  items in
an antique  shop  in Adamstown PA.  knowing   this mark was not in any
book I had seen  I was  curious   but I    never bought any  prices were
really outrageous.
I had  notes  upon notes from years back  when i was  very actively and
exclusively dealing in Pottery  and Porcelain  about Marks etc.  sorting
through them is a chore  I am still  trying to  find  much of them  in
old  spiral  bound notebooks etc.  I am going back  over  20 years or
more when I started doing  just pottery .
The items I saw were   old old . Can I  prove the Mark was used  No but
then again  I can't  prove it wasn't . I am still   checking .
My first Priority when getting into   mainly pottery way back when was
to  research marks  until I couldn't stand looking  at them anymore
<grin> I probably have  forgotten more then the average person would
ever know.
comes back though eventually when  needed or not.
Many of my notes came  from book  long since   forgotten and out of
print  when the  guides  or  documentation of pottery  was beginning  .
My Father had  these  books  unfortunately  when  him and my step mom
passed   her sons sold off everything  or trashed  what they thought
was   junk.  I never got to  look through  anythng before it was all
gone  pre my step moms passing.

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING