[Mccoypottery-talk] Online Mark Resource

Nancy&Ron ronnancy@pa.net
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:50:40 -0400

My best guess is Shawnee for your Yellow Vase.   Shawnee has several yellow=
 pieces in the 800's.   I'd  do a search at Tias.com, withYellow vase and s=
ee how many come up that look similar and find the maker and price they are=
 getting for them.   Good luck to you.=20=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Melson=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 5:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Online Mark Resource

  Hello everybody an hope you had a happy Easter , sorry to hear about your=
 husband Patti an my prays are with him an your family,,,,,,,,,   I have ju=
st got a salt an peper set with a matching spoon rest an the only mark on t=
hem are a big N ,,,    does any body know if nelson mccoy ever used just a =
N or does any body have any ideas of what the marker might me ,  Thanks alo=
t  oh i got a yellow vase the other day at goodwill with a big ribbon in th=
e middle on the bottom with little like handles an marked U.S.A. 819 on it =
. It stands all most 9 inches tall with a wider top. Looks like a mccoy or =
shawnee but does anybody know about the value ,sure would like any info any=
body has .Thanks  John

  BarbCrews <barbc@thecookiejar.net> wrote:=20
    Here is a pretty good resource on Marks.

    There is one that has a heavy script MW over a G that could possibly lo=
ok=20
    like an a.
    Very ornate.

    http://www.heanosantiq.com/ceramic_and_pottery_marks.htm