[Mccoypottery-talk] ebay

M. Caudill mcaudill@kih.net
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:31:06 -0400

All,
It's like this.  When I began bidding on eBay, I would have bid against my
mother.  There are two (or more) types of bidders: the collectors, who are
buying something to keep, and the resellers, who are looking for a profit
margin they can live with.  I've moved from the first category to the
second, and since many of you are collectors (and I feel like I've known
many of you for years, even tho I've been on the list for only a year or
so), I would be willing to step aside for you on an item you NEEDED for your
collection.  There is nothing out there right now that I need, so I shoot
for the bargains.  If I went up against a "collector" all I'd be doing is
running the price up for both of us, killing my profit margin or leaving you
with less funds to add to your collection.  I've found out that in my price
range, there's not much left out there that won't come around again.  I can
wait.  And mccoy-r-us sounds like they ought to belong to this group.  If
there's an item out there you really want, I'll help you find it (and it may
be something I already have). My private addy is mcaudill@kih.net. My main
objects are pottery cars and turtles.  If those are what you need and you
want to avoid competing for them, check the bid list for "m_ortal". That's
my ebay ID. If there are multiple items out there, I'll take one and you
take another and we both win.  When you sell on ebay and announce it here, I
take a look if I'm interested in the items, and bid freely.  This is a
friendly group, even when we snap at each other, we do it like family.
Thanks,
Mike in KY